1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Demonstrate your own ignorance"!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MisterCreosote, Jun 1, 2011.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Saw this on Romenesko. This guy writes The Big Picture blog, which is pretty interesting if you're into finance, but his message soliciting comments is too awesome for words:

Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Now THAT should be the blurb for the SJ Facebook page.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ritholtz is awesome.

His blog is pretty much that way, too. When he expresses an opinion, he has facts and data supporting it.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I love Ritholtz as well. What's not to like about a finance expert who also loves fast cars and rock and roll?

5. doogie448

doogie448 Member

My wife says I do this every time I open my mouth.

Draft saved Draft deleted