1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OUTING 2011 -- UPDATED WITH A WINNER

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 3, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I hope you guys know how much I love you. I found my dream house, and I don't have the downpayment. The bonus check I'm using to go to Chicago would be like 1/5 of my downpayment.

So...I'm choosing you guys and the vow I made over my eternal happiness. Someone better buy me a goddamn beer.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Goose Island Honkers Ale on me at the first stop.

3. imjustagirl

Woot! Plus I gotta go to go shopping with Mrs. t_b_f. :)

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I wish I could make it, but seeing as how I'll probably be jobless in the next two months, the trip is a luxury I can't afford. So unless I get a new job or something miraculous happens where I am, I gotta bow out.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Man, MM, that sucks. I'm sorry.

I'm still ... iffy. It seems more and more like I will be an out, as opposed to an in. Which sucks, but such is life.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I can hit the original brew pub with a rock from my apartment.

They have some awesome brews on tap that are not available at retail. Had a couple on Thursday. One was brewed with blood orange and their weekly "farmers market" brew had rhubarb. (Shut up YKBFKM, they were good.)

They also offer brewery tours every Saturday and Sunday:

http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/clybourn_brewpub/65.php

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, if someone's really up for a career change, the Siebel Institute -- a premier brewing school -- is just across the street from Goosie Island and they use the brewery as a kind of lab:

http://www.siebelinstitute.com/

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Unfortunately, Dr. J and I are going to sit this one out. If it was closer we'd be able to swing it, but the travel costs are just too high. Hopefully the Buffalo outing is still a go.

9. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I'd like to formally second Cincinnati's being nominated for future consideration.

10. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Looks like I'm out.....Family reunion that weekend (Reunion also kept me from meeting when we talked about Cleveland a few years ago.) Have fun, gang.

11. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Stumbled upon this picture while transferring some files from my external hard drive to my new laptop today.

[​IMG]

I think it's a sign.

12. imjustagirl

You look like a cradle robber. [/patchs]

Draft saved Draft deleted