1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College RapidReports Correspondent, CBSSports.com

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by alylemoss, Jan 20, 2011.

1. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

I'm pretty certain there wasn't a high level of interest for the correspondent gig I got, which I kind of figured going into it. I'm sure location is key, and the fact that I've got some experience covering my school for other online outlets (as well as my local rag) didn't hurt my chances.

I look at it as being a great supplemental income to what I'm currently doing at my shop, as well as developing a new set of contacts/peers.

Win-win for me. Hope a few others that were looking from SportsJournalists.com were selected as well.

2. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

What school?

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Do they have any objections to sharing content with whomever else you may be working for?

Example: Star QB sprains an ankle in practice. You want that for your daily paper, but they'd probably want it, too. Any fuss from either side about using the same material?

4. D-K

D-K New Member

I applied for Michigan State or Michigan.

5. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Damn you! Well... cheers ;)

6. D-K

D-K New Member

Haha, No I didn't get it. You still got a chance. Based on the `Wings Cup photo (big props), I take it you were heading for the same one. Good luck.

7. wordylede

wordylede New Member

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Found out about this position through this site, applied and found out this week I got one of the positions. Good luck to everyone else who applied from here.

8. HHDougB

HHDougB New Member

Anyone know who got the Va Tech job?

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Never gets old.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Correct. It should. But it doesn't.

12. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Just heard that the Ohio State position has been filled from what was a wealth of experienced, qualified candidates.

Draft saved Draft deleted