1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida State beat reporter, Orlando Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tim Stephens, Feb 25, 2011.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Another solid young hire. They talked to him when the national writer job was open last fall.

2. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Coley definitely is good people. He did an outstanding job with the Georgia Tech beat. And he's going to follow in the tradition of good, young writers Orlando has put on the FSU beat. Very solid hire.

3. Todd M. Adams

Todd M. Adams Member

Congrats to Coley. We're very excited to get him, and I look forward to working with him.

4. esport12

esport12 Member

Great hire.

5. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Coley did very good work with the Tech beat in Macon. Good luck to him.

6. Hotlanta

Hotlanta New Member

Any insights on a time-frame to replace Harvey in Macon? Haven't seen any postings.

7. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

Congrats to Coley. Very good hire by Tim and the Sentinel.

8. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

There may not be one.

9. Still in the wait-and-see stage here in Macon. But IF we fill Coley's spot, it won't be covering Georgia Tech. We've just gotten too short-staffed to do that beat on a full-time basis.
    That's one of the many reasons I was so happy for Coley getting the FSU job in Orlando. He's a GREAT young man and has done a terrific job for us and will do that same quality of work for Orlando. And we were going to have to cut back on Tech even if we stayed, and I felt dirty doing that to him.

Draft saved Draft deleted