1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ron Drogo, (spnited), RIP

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Frank_Ridgeway, Feb 21, 2011.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Wow, I just caught this and I'm sick to my stomach. Always respected his opinions and attitude here. So sorry to those who knew him personally. Sounds like a fine man.

2. Gold

Gold Active Member

I have been busy and haven't been able to get to the board much within the last year. I was very sad to see that Ron Drogo (spnited) had died.

I saw Ron in 1979 at the Record and just knew him to say hello to. I remember reading his basketball articles, and he had a great knowledge of the game.

I was fortunate to know him a lot better through this website, and I am grateful to him and the people who make this website happen.

Ron, your integrity and generosity will not be forgotten.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I made one of my very occasional trips back over here yesterday and was floored by this news. I deeply regret not having ever met Ron, as I know we would have hit it off huge. His passionate and knowledgeable takes always packed plenty of punch and were oh-so-entertaining and were among the reasons I spent so much time on the site. If there were jersey numbers worn around here, his would be hanging from the rafters.

Happy trails, Ron.

You will be deeply missed.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I saw the tributes in some avatars and only now realized we lost him.

One of my favorite sj memories is of him and Boom getting into it, Boom referring to him as "spirited," and him taking it so well. He and I were almost always on the same side in a debate.

I'll miss you here.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

18 pages in, simon shows up and perfectly sums it up. well done, cowbell. well done.

6. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I've been thinking, maybe we could rename a board after him. Like the journalism topics board. It would be like the or stanley cup or vince lombardi trophy.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Journalism topics only
    Jobs
    Sports and News
    Spnited debate
    Anything goes

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Good idea - Drogo's Place. Moddy has always said this place is like a barroom.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

"Jeers"
    Where Nobody Knows Your Name

And don't forget "Assclowns" upstairs.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think the fantasy sports board should be named after him

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The Ron Drogo Journalism Board.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Best tribute would be for the NIAFL to be named after Ron.

Draft saved Draft deleted