1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Washington Times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by phoenixrising08, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VJ

VJ Member

Considering what they've done to the sports site since it was last fully staffed, I'd say they have a long way to go to get the site up to professional standards. I think that will the biggest challenge for the new staff -- not the print section.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the response to my last request. Great response, affirmed my belief there's a lot of talent out there.
    Now I'm going to put the brakes on. If I'm going to give proper attention to what's been sent, I need to be able to do exactly that.

I think I have responded to everyone who sent a PM. I will be talking to some of you by phone, maybe some of you in person. I will try and e-mail everybody but I'm going to admit right here it may not be possible. There's a lot to do and time moves pretty quickly. But I will certainly try.

Marc and I really appreciate everyone's interest in what we're doing here. We have enough stuff on file -- it will help now and when we go into growth mode.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Don't know how I missed the Lancaster hire on this thread.

Marc rules. Great guy, great reporter and he'll be a great deputy.

4. chase.colston

chase.colston Member

Good thing this happened after what went down at TBD.com today. Entire sports staff is gone.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Am I the only person on here who had never heard of TBD.com until today?

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

TBD tried to be the Politico of local news, and started by hijacking the TV station websites owned by the same guy. It was awful. Their site was terrible, cluttered, and the whole idea was a disaster. It's not at all the fault of the guys who got hired to work there -- heck I didn't even know they had sports -- it's the fault of the Albrittons and the like who totally fucked it up.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

no

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Count me among 'em.

9. SteveRep44

SteveRep44 Member

WJLA might be the worst major-network, top-10-market affiliate in the USA. They constantly choose other programming over the network schedule.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My god, until this thread, I thought TBD.com was TBO.com and I felt bad for all the people in Florida.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I thought it was the alt-daily paper down there, but I think that's TBT. At least Bachman-Turner Overdrive are still TCB.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Classic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.