1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor (South Lake Tahoe)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TahoeDailyTribune, Feb 17, 2011.

1. TahoeDailyTribune

TahoeDailyTribune New Member

The Tahoe Daily Tribune, a three-times a week publication in South Lake Tahoe, Calif., is seeking a versatile, motivated and organized journalist who loves covering the outdoors and team sports.
    The sports editor will lead the Tribune's sports coverage both online and in print and will be responsible for all sports coverage decisions.
    A strong background in sports journalism and editing is a must. One to three years of editing/management experience is required. Journalism degree is a plus.
    Applicant should be a clear and concise writer, have experience with DSLR cameras and page design.
    A passion for telling stories across multiple platforms including our website and social media is needed. This position is full-time requiring some nights and weekends. E-mail a resume, cover letter, two writing samples and a well-edited photography portfolio to Managing Editor, Annie Flanzraich at aflanz@tahoedailytribune.com. EOE.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Release the hounds!

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hey, if you get this, you would only have a 15-minute commute from wherever you're coming from.

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

What am I missing here from the comments?

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Old inside joke. Everything is 15 minutes from Tahoe. Had to be there.

6. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

One of the oldest jokes SportsJournalists.com has. Apparently, a job posting once used the selling point that it was located "15 minutes from Tahoe." Hilarity ensued as the tagline was attached to every job posting. Or something like that.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Time-honored stupidity.

8. Matt Stephens

Ah, gotchya. Worried maybe it was more along the lines of a CoachesAid reference.

9. Chili Polar Bear

Chili Polar Bear New Member

Might want to check the cost of living in the area before getting hopes up and applying. I am guessing that you are setting yourself up for poverty, albeit in a beautiful locale!

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Matt, wait until someone asks if there's any updates. You might see one of the time-honored cliches. (I promise I won't do it.)

But dammit, I could work for the Daily Tribune.

11. Matt Stephens

I bet there's some decent prices across the state line.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Interesting contradiction ...

And the Tahoe reference related to someone saying a spot was 15 minutes from Tahoe, when it really was a half-hour or 45 minutes. I wish we still had the SJ style guide/history thingy being updated regularly.

Draft saved Draft deleted