1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spring Training Begins,

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dkphxf, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Dipshit quaffed scotch in front of the deputy and pulled the "Do you know who I am?" line.

http://liveflashscore.com/miguel-cabrera-swigs-scotch-in-front-of-cop-arrested-for-dui/

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Jays apparently to announce a five-year $65 million deal with Bautista. Reports indicate option for a sixth year as well.

But, if Anthopoulos could trade the Wells contract, he can trade this one in two years, too.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So much for the rehab last offseason, which was supposedly why he began 2010 in better shape than previous years. The guy is trying really hard to piss it all away, isn't he?

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

He needs jail time. Seriously.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Pretty good read on Brooks Conrad, whose three errors in Game 3 doomed the Braves and turned the series in the Giants' favor.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-braves/conrads-long-road-back-830603.html

I know Braves fans don't have a great reputation for supporting their team, but if the flip side is that they can actually handle something like this without wanting to burn the guy's house down, give me that over Boston/Philly any day of the week.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Don't forget Cubs fans when it comes to wanting to burn the guy's house down.

BitterYoungMatador2 and old_tony like this.
  8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Nice smile!

9. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

That sounds like an interesting hire. It won't feel the same without Santo ... but I'm sure people said the same thing when Hughes replaced Harry Caray.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

What's up with Morneau? Seven months after a concussion and he's still not ready to play? I can't think of ever hearing about a player taking that long to recover from a concussion.

Obviously, you don't want to mess with a head injury, but that seems odd.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Baseball players are pussies?

12. The Jays won't contend until they get a new owner and general manager. Alex Anthopoulos is a dunce.

Draft saved Draft deleted