1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much did you pay for gas today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Sep 7, 2006.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's gone down below $3, but I don't expect it'll last.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Heard an analyst on the business hour this afternoon as I was out and about talking about how oil prices will be $100 a barrel by the middle of next week because of the nebulous "increased demand." Ralph Nader came on later and talked about how it's mostly based on speculators from the NY Mercantile Exchange driving up the prices.

I'm inclined to believe a combination of the two, emphasis on the latter.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

$3.11 in the Villages, Florida.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

$2.93 in Woodbridge, Va.
    Up to $3.11 in parts of Fairfax County, Va.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

It's $3.10 here, which I don't understand because, normally, it's in the $2-$2.20 range at this point in the year. Hope we're not looking at $4 per gallon this summer.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It was $2.89 one day when I was coming from Lexington to my parents' house south of that. Next day it was $3.04. It's been in the $3.02-$3.05 range since. I think I saw one at $2.99.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

3-effing48 for regular in Ventura.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Up to $2.91 today amid 2 feet of freaking snow

9. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

I hope this makes you feel better or at least gives you an idea of how good you really have it in the States relative to other parts of the world...

I paid 13.1 Swedish kronor per liter yesterday at the cheapest station in town. At the current exchange rate, that's $1.92 USD per liter. There are 3.785 liters in a gallon, so I paid the equivalent of $7.31 per gallon. :'(

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Yesterday I paid $2.959 a gallon. The two other stations on the same corner were charging $2.999 and $3.059.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It's around 3.10 a gallon around DC, at the cheapest. Luckily I work the hell out of my Giant card. Every time you get 100 points (usually 1 point equals 1 dollar, though they'll put some stuff on special where you buy it and automatically get 100 points, and it's sometimes stuff you want to buy anyway) they knock off 10 cents per gallon at Shell. A few times I've had 30 or 40 cents off each gallon.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

$2.99 in Woodbridge yesterday. To avoid sitting at a stoplight and making a U-turn, though, I went to a station on my side of the road and paid $3.01. I think the highest I've seen in town has been something like $3.05 maybe.

Draft saved Draft deleted