1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Basketball writers needed

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Covers.com Team, Nov 15, 2010.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

They received enough writers that they won't need to add anyone else to their staff.

2. nmsports

nmsports Member

Nice of them to let people to know.

3. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

You'll learn that editors rarely get back to you.

4. nmsports

nmsports Member

Yes, being just a novice in this business, I guess I have a lot of learning to do. Respect and professionalism is certainly too much to expect from a bunch of editors. Whatever was I thinking?

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately, nmsports, it <i>is</i> too much to expect sometimes. Sad but true.

6. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

What are some other SDI-like places where you can do this type of freelance work?

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Most of the posters on this board are good about getting back to people. Not this place.

8. robertobajo

robertobajo New Member

I've experienced A LOT of this recently. Whether it's too much work or what, it's unacceptable.

9. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

So...

10. nmsports

nmsports Member

So it sucks. They came on here looking for help. OK, so they're too A) busy B) lazy C) unprofessional to send a personalized email rejection or even a bulk email, to people who took the time to put together a resume and send it off then at least post something here where it all started. Or will I learn that I shouldn't even expect that? Let's face it, this business has gotten pretty damn crappy over the past few years without being $hit on consistently.

11. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

I meant, Does anybody know other places like SDI where we can submit resumes and receive opportunities to write? You didn't get a position, no editor gave you a response. So what? It sucks, but move on.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted