1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You will never drive like this. Ever.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Dec 1, 2010.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

http://tinyurl.com/34drkks

9.4 kilometers, 156 turns, 7 minutes and 17.898 seconds. Top speed? More than 136 mph.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

No, I won't -- because I love mother Earth my life too much.

That said, there's something fishy about that video ... by my count, they must have employed at least 30 cameras along the course, if not more, most of them at ground-level. Seems odd.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's video from a Red Bull promotional event. That company does all sorts of things like that to establish its street cred with extreme sports.

And The Stig would have done better.

4. statrat

statrat Member

No I won't, because if you do that in a Hyandai, it looks and sounds like you are doing it in Hyandai. I would at least do it in a respectable racing car.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Rodney King says that's a good way to get your ass whipped on the Foothill Freeway.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

How do you reach 130+ mph when you're basically skidding the entire time?

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The movie was also only four minutes long when the run took seven plus.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'll tell you one thing, I'd LOVE to ride my bike up and down that hill a few times

9. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

You didn't see me trying to get to OTB the other day to bet my friend's horse. 7-1. Didn't make it. Motherf ...

Draft saved Draft deleted