1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Munster, Ind.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

The Times Media Company of Northwest Indiana, located 30 miles from the downtown Chicago area and boasting Indiana's second-largest newspaper (90,000+ circulation) and website (nwi.com), is looking for a highly-motivated, creative Sports Editor. Skills should include editing, assigning for multiple platforms, page proofing, coverage planning for zoned delivery, content development, personnel management and community outreach. Must have a solid knowledge of sports, with emphasis on prep sports. Knowledge and experience should include research, database and computer-assisted reporting, copy editing, page proofing, online and multimedia delivery, headline writing, ability to communicate with public, ability to use social media for communication and research, ability to work in a collaborative environment. The successful candidate will have a college degree or equivalent experience, a minimum of five years daily newspaper/editing experience or equivalent, excellent time management and organizational skills, including ability to accurately gauge project duration, deliver on deadlines, and manage a workload with possible conflicting priorities. The Times offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment. Interested candidates may apply online at www.nwi.com/timesjobs. EOE

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Sorry gang, this is a d_b.

3. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I'm not sure I'd call taking six months to hire a sports editor a d_b

4. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

Is this being re-posted or is this the original posting? Perhaps Justin can shed some light on this.

5. hwkcrz1

hwkcrz1 Member

If you are interested in this position, you can e-mail me. I will forward it to the appropriate people. Thank you.

justin.breen@nwi.com

Draft saved Draft deleted