1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010-2011 NBA Season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I know its early but from what I watched last night I just do not see this group gelling. At any level of basketball when you a combination works you can see it right away. You can also see when it doesn't.

The only way it will work is if Wade controls the ball.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm willing to wait more than one game before I make any crazy assumptions.

Maybe two. :)

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Chris Bosh has sever wing-man syndrome. Imagine the gorgeous women that throw themselves at George Clooney and he throws some his friends' way. After a while the friends think they get the women on their own and develop out-of-proportion egos. One day Chris Bosh is going to wake up with an NBA Championships ring and think he earned it.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Indy Pacers giving Spurs a good game here, trailing by about three at the end of three.
    Mavs were up by a few over Bobcats at intermission.

Flipping back and forth between World Series on what's a big sporting night in the Lone Star State.

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

LeBron should be familiar with having a teammate who's a penetrator, no?

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

And providing company for Haley were Jason Caffey, Randy Brown, Jud Buechler, Dickey Simpkins, Bill Wennington and a thoroughly washed-up utterly-worthless version of John Salley. I don't wanna hear the "supporting cast" whining if Lebron/Wade/Bosh crashes and burns. That 72-win Bulls team had plenty of turds on that roster as well. A testament to just how awesome that Jordan/Pippin/Rodman trio was together that it didn't matter.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Day 2 - The Celtics come back to earth and the Heat look a little better.

It is a long, long season.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that they'll be good. I have my doubts about their playoff potential, however. Bosh is a jump shooter, a fake "star" and he got punked by a man (Kevin Garnett) who practically uses a cane to get up and down the court. I just think it's sort of funny people are acting like Mike Miller is the missing piece that's going to make everything click. He's a decent player, a good spot up shooter, but hardly an assassin. They need a point guard and someone who isn't afraid to mix it up for dirty points. It's been a long, long time since a team made up entirely of jump shooters won an NBA title, much less 70 games.

Did I mention Chris Bosh is a bitch?

Still wish LeBron realized he's more of a Magic than a Michael.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I've never been a fan of Bosh and frankly looking at this roster, I felt like they were going to have to play like some of those old Warriors teams - just outscore everyone -- because I'm not sure how good defensively they can be, particularly in the post.

And that brings me to this point - in the East, I'm not sure if they are really built to survive three series of grind it out, defensive basketball like they might face going through the East

10. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Making sure this doesn't get lost in the shuffle. :D

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Nice debut for Blake Griffin tonight. Clippers (shockingly) melted down at the end though.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Simmons with a decent take on the Alpha-Alpha South Beach All-Stars.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/10129&sportCat=nba

He's certainly right about Wade needing to figure out that LeBron is the better player, and get out of the way. At least eventually.

Draft saved Draft deleted