1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Jul 6, 2010.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Yeah, we never did find out, did we. Next season. I can't believe 39 weeks away.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

That zombie show better be good to carry me over until Breaking Bad and Mad Men return.

And remember how Dr Miller told Don he'd be married within year? She was all too correct.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He was pitching for business and taking care of Anna's house. I was hoping he'd say he loved Betty's new house, because, you know, he's not paying for it. I guess the Joan thing kind of got lost in the Von Trapp plotline. But really, I expected more from Don, but then I thought about it, and what he wants for his kids what he never had as a kid - a mom and dad who love each other and someone who will nurture his kids, instead of threaten them.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yup. Because Sunday night has always been the one night that HC & I watch a TV show together. Well, except for Leafs games.

I loved the way the kids felt entirely comfortable and happy with Meaghan.

That scene at the end with Peggy & Joan was perfect.

"Bullshit" and they both cracked up

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

Joan is preggers and I'm the first to mention it?
    That is the shocker of this season.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I noticed that when they were in the restaurant. Don paused before joining the table, and was watching how she was interacting with the kids.

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

What holiday was it? Columbus Day?

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Guess so. Because it's definitely after Labor Day because the kids were back in school last episode.

Dan mentioned it in passing two posts above. I may have been wildly off on some of my speculation on this thread, but I was right about that.

And did anyone else expect the building Dr. Greg was in to explode right after he got off the phone with Joan?

Yep. Betty would have raised hell over the spilled milkshake. Faye wouldn't have known what to do. Don can get laid pretty much whenever he wants, but what he really needs is someone to help raise his kids.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Think of all the mothers and potential mothers that have been in Don's life:
    His own - a prostitute
    His raised one - not good
    Betty - not good, needs a nanny
    Dr. Miller - not a clue
    Megan - we have a winner

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not to mention that Anna never had kids and Midge is a junkie.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Holy crap. I can't think of a season finale of a show not involving someone dying, or a cliffhanger about someone dying, or an explosion, or amnesia, that was a bigger stunner. You could have given me a lot of guesses before I got to that.

Don chooses imperfect and controllable over the woman he should be with. All his self-discovery amounts to nothing. The infuriating truth of life, and the lesson shown by all good stories, is that nobody ever truly changes. It's depressing.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

(And Betty, in her mind's eye, whining: 'Why can't somebody simply kiss my gorgeous ass,
    ALL the time . . ')

Draft saved Draft deleted