1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy crap! That was...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 4, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

While watching Covert Affairs recently, Anna Chlumsky from "My Girl" played a State Department official in a bind. She was good in it. Surprised I haven't seen more of her.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

She was the girlfriend of the object of Liz Lemon's affections in 30 Rock, too. Liz tried to fire her.

BTW, I had one last week. After watching a bunch of Rescue Me DVDs, I got the urge to watch Denis Leary's old show, "The Job." One ep, in which he attends an anger management group features none other than Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo as a raving bitch.

EDIT: Also, I was surprised to see that the guy who plays "Probie" Siletti on Rescue Me had a bit part on The Job - he was a canana boy. Shocked me to see him there.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I've been watching several of the police dramas late-night recently. That dude (in the second part of this post) has been in most of them, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, Without a Trace, CSI (vegas).
    An aside: Why did B. Getty quit Brother & Sisters for things like one-shot guest appearances on 5-0?

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He also played Eric Green on 'Jericho,' which I was sadly disappointed to see canceled after one season.

A good blast from the past I noticed on Hawaii Five-O came in the previous episode when Vinny Delpino, Doogie Howser's best friend, appeared as a middle-aged, low-level mob bookie.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

In the Golden Girls episode "Sophia's Wedding," Quentin Tarantino appears as one of many Elvis impersonators attending the wedding. He sucks! He makes exaggerated gestures and doesn't seem to have any rhythm.

6. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

That's who that was. I saw him and couldn't place him and was too lazy to IMDB it.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The actor's name is Max Casella. He has done a few roles like that. He was a recurring character named Benny Fazio on The Sopranos and he plays Leo D'Alessio on Boardwalk Empire.

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Leonard Nimoy is apparently an Army sergeant/telex operator in Them! ... and every time that movie's on, I look to see him, and every time, I don't. But there's no dispute (or it doesn't seem so) that he was in it.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The ears are throwing you off.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I just five minutes ago put together that Bill from "Freaks and Geeks" is the guy with the beard from "Knocked Up".

It's so obvious now, with the whole connection to the Apatow crew, but for some reason I didn't see it.

11. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

A Tim Bayliss (Kyle Secor) sighting on Hawaii Five-O tonight. Love seeing the cast from Homicide turn up.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I'm starting to get the feeling that we're going to have at least one of these from Hawaii Five-0 every week.

Draft saved Draft deleted