1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I liked Midge the best.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's really been amazing to watch how far Roger has fallen in the arc of this series. He used to be the definition of cool and debonair. Now, he's just become pathetic, a total caricature of his former self. The moment when Joan turned him down for the last time was actually a bit painful to watch, just because of that.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Sopranos always had the big action in the next to last episode. I'm guessing that Roger doesn't make it until the end of the next episode.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

On Sepinwall's blog, there was a comment that had me rolling:

"I think Megan reminds Don of the horse that killed his father."

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

And was extremely naked and ... bosomy.

I think it was right that she is imperfect. Emphasizes that Don was doing it because he can, which is the way his lesser self, the one he wants to move beyond but never quite can, operates.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Something about the way she was presented in the latest episode wasn't extremely flattering and her teeth aren't perfect, but earlier in the season several characters made remarks about how pretty she was and how perfect her skin was, etc. I don't think she was suppossed to represent Don slumming it.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Even if not slumming it physically, she was definitely supposed to represent him slumming it in general -- banging the secretary of the week while he has a lovely, accomplished girlfriend who cares for him. It was the equivalent of him smashing the Clio and reaching for the bottle that brings immediate comfort.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Mrs. W thought that there was no way that they wouldn't have noticed how bad she looked (and the actress is gorgeous). Her theory -- like Peggy, her sales pitch to Don was perfect so much that she overcame her physical imperfection. Not sure I'm buying it.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I'm missing the part where Don's secretary is unattractive in any way, but I guess that's just me and the age thing. And, admittedly, tall angular women have always been one of my deals.

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Agreed. I must not be picky enough. If she gave me the time of day, I'd throw a victory parade.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Blame 21. She started it. :)

12. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Yeah, you're right? 21, what's the deal? (Just kidding, no explanation really needed.)

Draft saved Draft deleted