1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone know all about Euro sports?

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by sportsguy2323, Jul 20, 2010.

1. sportsguy2323

sportsguy2323 New Member

Sports info site looking for someone to blog (say 300 words or so per article) several times a week in Euro sports -- and not just soccer but cricket, darts, auto racing, horse racing, etc. Yes, it pays.

Drop me a line with your background. This will be for a Euro site, so I prefer someone living in the UK or at least able to write in that tone.

2. Pinelli in Prague

Pinelli in Prague New Member

Hello SportsGuy,

Hope all is great with you and in the U.S.

I'm am American sports journalist based here in Europe for 4 years now and have extensive experience covering international/European sports.

I've covered 4 Olympics, numerous World Cup and World Championship events in various sports, the Goodwill Games and the Tour de France among others.

While I've covered a wide array of sports over the past 15-years, my specialities are World Cup Skiing (alpine, freestyle, nordic), cycling (I've covered all 3 Grand Tours), track and field (or Athletics as they over here), bobsledding & luge, golf, tennis, and other Olympic sports, etc...

If you tell me a little bit more about your target audience and other related specifics, I'm sure I can oblige.

Regards,

Brian Pinelli - brian.pinelli@gmail.com

3. heinnews

heinnews New Member

Hi SportsGuy

Just wanted to drop you a note about my background and my interest in more information about the job.

I am an American sports journalist who has lived in Germany for 13 years. I have worked for various news
    agencies including AP, dpa, PA and AFP, covering soccer, basketball, winter sport, track and field, golf,
    tennis, indoor hockey, baseball.

I have covered three Winter Olympics on site and helped with coverage of two summer games remotely.
    Other on site events are two World Cups (plus one remotely), as well as dozens of basketball international
    tournaments, Asian Games.

Let me know what you think
    All the best

David Hein
    heinnews@gmx.de

Draft saved Draft deleted