1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryder Cup running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

I know it only starts tomorrow, but wanted to start this thread since the British media have been hounding Phil Mickleson and Tiger Woods during Media Day.

Anyway, hopefully we'll be able to get some good discussion going.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Looking forward to it but pissed that Saturday's coverage on NBC will be delayed five hours. Following their Olympics approach. Morons.

3. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Who do you believe is going win? It seems the Bookies are making Europe the favorites to win the Ryder Cup.

Would you guys like to see Rory vs Tiger?

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It starts Friday, not tomorrow. And of course the bookies like Europe. Euros have the better top-to-bottom roster and home field, which over there is huge.

That said, I still like the U.S. Just a hunch.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

U-S-A, U-S-A

This is the best golf event in the world. I love the Ryder Cup better than any other golf tournament. I like match play, and it's us against them.

That's why I didn't give a crap is Tiger played or not. His Ryder Cup track record is terrible. He doesn't care about his country. If it's not about him, he half asses his way through.

6. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Just a few hours away.

I'm thinking about taking a "nap" on the couch with the TV on, then waking up at some odd hour only to see Tiger three holes down. Or just going to bed and catching the highlights.

Hmmm.

7. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

I'm staying up to watch the early matches.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Man, rain is coming down really hard. Covered a tournament in conditions like that earlier this month. No fun.

But I'm picking Europe to win with something like 18 points.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

can they keep playing with puddles on the greens?

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Only 12:20ish here on the West Coast, so this is nice after-work viewing.

If this were, say, the Greater Rochester Open, instead of the Ryder Cup, would they still be playing in this much rain?

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The camera behind the second green has so much water on the lens, it's like trying to watch through an aquariam.

The U.S. team is wearing the ugliest rain suits I've ever seen on a golf course. The only thing that is going to save this telecast is sun so that the rest of the world will stop laughing at how bad these players look. Next time I'm in my closet and I need fashion advice, one thing is certain: I won't have to waste my time calling Mrs. Pavin.

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Well, I was going to watch this and piss the wife off, but I guess I'll go to bed for a few hours, wake up at noon and see if they're playing.
    And this is going to show what ind of man I am, but the USA's rain gear is sick. Is it Ralph Lauren?

Draft saved Draft deleted