1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

are you F'IN KIDDING ME (stupid people) running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shoeless Joe, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Here is a running thread to post the most outrageous things that can't really be defined any other way than Are You F'IN KIDDING ME?

I'll start:

Last night (Fri) our phone rings at 1:30 a.m. It's a girl who works part time for my wife. Her boyfriend, who is somewhat of a colleague of my wife's, has been arrested for driving on a suspended license and they're going to keep him in jail until Monday unless someone comes to get him. Both parties are in their 20s.

So far, it's a border line "what can I do to help" deal. But then ...

Oh, we're not in town. We're two hours away. We can't afford bail because neither one of us has a personal credit card. (He makes maybe 25K, she makes maybe 5k. The reason he got arrested to start with is because of unpaid speeding tickets.) The cops want a property owner to sign off on his bail.

ARE YOU F'IN KIDDING ME?

Uh, no. I'll give you every dime I have in my pocket. I'll give you the shirt off my back. We aren't related. The extent of our friendship is in passing "You doing OK today?" Sorry. We aren't signing a friggin Post-it Note. You want me to post my house to get your dumb ass out of jail? ARE YOU F'IN KIDDING ME?

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I just spit my oatmeal all over the place reading this. OMG, are people that F'n stupid? WOW

3. Sports_Scribe

Sports_Scribe Member

I'm guessing Enterprise's "We'll Pick You Up" program didn't want to be involved.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Oddly enough, and I guess I should have included this, is they were actually in an Enterprise rental car while he was on work-related business.

Give yourself a star!

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. :)

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Why didn't I start this thread?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Pretty good bet he might not have a job much longer, either

What fucking idiot.

9. Billy Monday

Billy Monday Member

This guy needs to be in jail longer than until Monday.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

My rant for the day: The lovely young lady at Harvey's gives me my change and it's $ 1.00 short. I told her that I had given her $ 17.00 - a ten, a five and a toonie (coin). She looks at the cash register to see what she typed in and says, apologetically, "I'm sorry. You gave me $ 16".

WTF?? Because you typed it, it's true??? I know I didn't have any $ 1 coins because I looked when we were parking. And this is why you put the money away after you give change.

Thank you for allowing me to vent.

11. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

I had a guy leave a voice message on my work phone asking what channel a game was going to be on today. He asked me to call him back. He did not leave his number.

If he's reading this - It's Channel 11.

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

My cousin coaches pop warner C team, and wears a suit and tie on the sidelines during games.

Draft saved Draft deleted