1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite beer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ilmago, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Starr Hill's Festie is pretty good. I dig the fall beers, particularly the pumpkins.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Budweiser (diesel)
    Coors (diesel)
    Schlitz
    Fat Tire
    Boulevard
    High Life
    Rolling Rock

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Which one is the best local anesthetic?

4. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

I think both the KBS and CBS are fucking fantastic, but I tend toward really dark, heavy beers. The KBS is in Beer Advocate's top 10 beers for 2010, and the Canadian is still in the top 20, I think. You're right about the prices being pretty crazy on the KBS, though I haven't seen them that high. They typically retail somewhere around $16 for a 4 pack.

The abt 12 is a great choice. Definitely on my list of stuff I'll buy if I want something very good but don't want to spend a ton.

Nice list. How did I leave out Terrapin? Damn. Their Depth Charge is pretty damn awesome. And there's a new brewery that's launching today in Atlanta. It's called Wild Heaven, and the early reviews are pretty much all raves. Looking forward to trying some.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Boulevard Wheat, frosty mug, fresh squeeze of lemon.

Among the others: Leinie's Summer Shandy, Boulevard Pilsner, Blue Moon.

6. Jeff Wallner

Jeff Wallner Member

Top 5:

1. Fat Tire
    2. Flying Dog Doggie Style Ale
    3. Bell's Amber
    4. Wynkoop Railyard Ale
    5. Breckenridge Avalanche Ale

Honorable mention: Shiner Bock.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A group of us football refs are at Applebees having dinner and beers after a game 2 weeks ago, and one of the guys orders a Boulevard with a splash of lemon; Boulevard comes out a couple minutes ago, and theres a lime on the side of the glass; Guy looks at the waiter like he shit his pants; "Uh.....last time I looked, lemons weren't green."

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Depends on the type of surgery;

A toe-like surgery.....Coors will do the trick.

Anything more serious than that, you may want to do something stronger than beer......maybe some Jack Black.

9. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

BeerAdvocate.com

If it hasn't been mentioned yet...enjoy. Sign up and rate all your favorite beers.

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

In no particular order ...
    Odell 90 Shilling
    New Belgium Fat Tire
    New Belgium Frambozen
    Anchor Steam
    Stone Arrogant Bastard
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    PBR

12. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Like many others, just Yuengling for me. Problem is I live on the Left Coast and we don't get it.

Anybody know of any beers that taste very similar, as I am pretty picky when it comes to suds.

Draft saved Draft deleted