1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Shaugnessy is an "Idiot"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mustangj17, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It is with the quality of competition taken into account.

2. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

The funny part, if CHB traveled to Detroit and a native were to tell him off over his column, he would write about what a bunch of assholes they are the next day.

The smug cloud grows.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's going to be great going up there next week and watch that overmatched collection take a couple more steps into 2010's gas chamber.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

The curly-haired girlfriend has been mailing it in for years. He became famous off his Curse of the Bambino books and then licked the Forever stamp and slapped it down in the upper right corner on his work laptop.

And yes, the IDIOTS were the World Series champion Red Sox with Damon and Millar as the leaders in the clubhouse.

5. KP

KP Active Member

Idiot was also the name of Damon's book.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

There might be some sort of court order in effect.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bostonians who think Shaughnessy sucks, has mailed it in for years and spends all his time writing books should spend a week reading Lupica.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Maybe it's a New England thing considering Lupica is a NH product?

9. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I am a Red Sox fan but I dislike Shaughnessy. This whole Damon thing just reaffirmed my feelings toward CHB (I will always laugh at that) because I took it as a "How could someone ever spurn ME?" attitude. And that's what, I feel, Boston sports has become. Mother Theresa could turn down Boston to stay in Calcutta and the general response would be, "Fuck her. She can stick with the cows and helping people. We don't need that."

If there's anything of opinion on sports to read in that paper, it's Bob Ryan, Chuck Pierce and no one else.

10. ned racine

ned racine Member

the whole column was ok,but it did not need the obligatory detroit cheap shot,although it was also a shot at damon's shopaholic wife....and if you are gonna quote from Thunder Road at least acknowledge it

11. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Point taken.

Draft saved Draft deleted