1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports personality (Mariotti) arrested on suspicion of felony

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I'm on this side of the story.

2. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

That's just awesome

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I see where Mariotti got $50K bail. That sounds closer to reasonable than the $7,500 that Lance Stephenson had to post to get out of the holding pen after allegedly pounding his girlfriend's head into some steps.

As to Wiffle Boy, cut him a break. He says he honked his horn, which should have been enough to stop the incident. And by the time it was clear the incident was going to continue, I'm guessing both victim and perp were behind closed and secure doors.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Jumping into the middle of a domestic disturbance is usually a bad move.

When I worked in night clubs I saw over and over where the woman being abused verbally or physically ended up blaming the intervenor. I almost had my eyes scratched out by the girlfriend of the guy I was throwing out of our club after he slapped her in the head.

Today I would still not sit by and watch a guy hit a girl but I would be aware of the potential of the woman to kick me in the nuts for my trouble.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Of course, you could take the need for whiffle ball bats and the risk of getting scratched if you got your license to carry and packed heat.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What the hell does that have to do with a made-up Deadspin story?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Simple - had dude pulled out a pistol instead of a wiffle ball bat, Marriotti would have been more inclined to stop.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sonner will tell you a Wiffle bat is a deadly weapon too. Probably ought to be regulated it's so dangerous.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

When did I say it was deadly?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I making a joke.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Okay, since nobody else is willing to be a man and defend Jay Mariotti, allow me to do it.

Ah, fuck it. Carry on.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Aw, go have tea with DLB, for crhssake.

Draft saved Draft deleted