1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mobile Press-Register Page Designer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Randy Kennedy, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Randy Kennedy

Randy Kennedy New Member

The Mobile Press-Register has an immediate opening for a page designer and copy editor. Depending on the candidate hired, there may also be some writing responsibilities. The Press-Register is a 95,000-circulation Newhouse newspaper located on Alabama’s Gulf Coast. The Press-Register has won APSE awards for its Sunday sections, daily sections, special sections and writing in recent years. With football season upon us, there is urgency in filling this position. Candidates should send a résumé and clips to Sports Editor Randy Kennedy, 401 N. Water, St., Mobile AL, 36602; or email résumé, clips and page design samples to rkennedy@press-register.com.

2. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Whoever gets this job will have the pleasure of working for one of the best bosses in the business.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Pipeline tells me Kevin Jeffers, most recently of The Anniston Star, got this job and will start end of August.

4. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

You're correct, Steak. Great hire. He was ME at The Chanticleer when I worked there

5. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

And when he left, it became The Shit-Ain't-Clear once again.

6. Agree with Wingman. I was lucky enough to work for Randy coming out of college. It was a HUGE blessing to my career. One of the best bosses, and people, in the business.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Add me to the Randy Kennedy fan club. I've never worked with him but he's always been friendly and the product he's put out at Mobile as well as the people he's hired speak volumes about his chops as a sports editor.

8. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

I've never in my life seen a paper go from decent to pathetic to incredible back to pathetic so quickly. It is unreal how ridiculous that paper is.

Draft saved Draft deleted