1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wonderful tribute to lost love, or just creepy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Aug 1, 2010.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Fixed. And I'm telling you this by personal, painful experience. Writing it can be good for you, but you DO NOT want to send that letter.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The whole time I read the column, I just thought, "No one cares, dude."

I mean, I know some of the commenters were charmed, but . . . Creepy. You tried, you blew it, it happens. She's marrying someone else now, and that's the end of it.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Agreed. It'd be one thing if there was some story behind it. Some anecdotes. A narrative that read like a short story. This read like a teen-ager wrote it in the school newspaper.

4. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

Creepy. I understand the therapeutic feeling of writing out your feelings. Leave it in your private journal, though.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Creepy stalker douchebag.

"My gift to you on your wedding day is to tell the whole world that I am releasing you from the guilt you must feel for not marrying me."

Hope she has a restraining order.

6. this isn't about Chelsea Clinton. It references a woman of the West Coast, who would have been in late 20s five years ago.
    that aint Chelsea

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

If it's not Chelsea, then its timing is pecuilar, and possibly intentionally so. Why would a columnist for a political site talk about someone getting married around the same time Chelsea is? Seems a rather odd timing, that.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Because Chelsea Clinton isn't the only person getting married this weekend? Just a thought.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Could be Lisa Simpson.

10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

This is his wedding gift? Dude should have thrown down for a bread maker.

The worst part, to me, was that he conceded very little to the better man, offering only "She tells me she is marrying a wonderful man, with a good heart, whom she believes I would have liked had we met in different circumstances." That means he doesn't know the guy, right? And he's writing a public love letter for the bride?

Maybe this kind of thing is AOK with the bride and groom. Maybe they loved it. But, well, he put it out there for all of us to judge, so he's going to get ripped.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Point of personal privilege, I suppose. The time markers are all off for it to be Chelsea, anyway.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The columnist thinks he's writing a column about her when it's actually a column about him.

Hope she doesn't read it.

Draft saved Draft deleted