1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hot Springs, Arkansas

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Methodtomymadness, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Company: The Sentinel-Record
    Position: Experienced sports writer
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: June 2, 2010
    Job ID: 1166497

Description:
    The Sentinel-Record, a daily newspaper located in Hot Springs, Arkansas, seeks a reporter who is an experienced sports writer. Pagination experience desired; photographic experience is welcome, but not required. Job requirements include covering high-school baseball, basketball, cross country/track and field, football, golf, soccer, tennis and volleyball for seven county high schools. Game coverage and feature writing included, along with assistance in producing a yearly football preview edition and all-county basketball and football teams. Working knowledge of horse racing appreciated but not required. E-mail resumes to: mark@hotsr.com, or mail copies to Don Thomason, The Sentinel-Record, P.O. Box 580, Hot Springs, AR 71902. The Sentinel-Record is an equal opportunity employer.

2. Kmac7

Kmac7 Member

I love Hot Springs.. Anybody know anything this gig?

3. This job remains open, so I was told and I know some details. Anybody interested, PM me.

4. partain

partain Member

Still open, really? In three months they couldn't track down an unemployed (or about to be unemployed) sports writer?

5. I had heard that it had one ready to hire, but something happened and the person dropped out.
    It could be worse, though. I know of another newspaper that has designers dropping like flies right now.

6. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

Another newspaper, or another newspaper company?

7. Another newspaper.

Draft saved Draft deleted