1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS leagues expanding - yeah?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Big 10 already has its home run with the Children of the Corn.

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I can see a scenario where State or Wake wanders off, though highly unlikely. But there's no way Duke and Carolina split.

3. Football_Bat

Both are AAU members (which I missed before, yes, shocking I know), so both could go as a package deal. UNC then would bump GT to the Dixon Division.

4. I know events are happening fast and furious, but did my alma mater of Maryland fold over the weekend, or did you merely forget them?

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

SEC splits everything evenly.

6. Football_Bat

Maryland folded. RIP. :(

I'm working on them.

7. Even split all around (TV money, bowls, NCAAs, etc.). Florida and Bama don't care about splitting evenly with Vandy because they make enough on their own.

8. Football_Bat

The hell with it, Maryland bumps Cincinnati and it's back to ham-and-egger status.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There's been some talk of Big Ten interest (and vice versa) in Maryland.

If the ACC started to wobble and there was still an open slot, I could see it making sense.

10. I have heard the Maryland chatter too. However, if Delany wants ND (and all signs say that he still does) the Big Ten will have to take at least one school from the Big East. Rutgers, Pitt, Syracuse???? Rutgers/Syracuse/Maryland then Notre Dame. That may be the scenario a few years from now.

There are a lot of hurdles for Big Ten schools to jump (rearrange schedules for one) for Nebraska to be up and running in a year.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I guess heaven needed a shitty football team.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Heard the Houston chronicle is reporting a&m to the SEC is a done deal. Can someone with a less shitty mobile device than mine post the link?

Draft saved Draft deleted