1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. NDub

NDub Guest

I have no problem showing the season 1 flashback. There are tons of people out there who forget this, aren't totally into the show, or are dumbasses and don't see the tie in. We all see it, and obviously, that's why we're chatty little message board nerds. Ha ha.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I thought Smokey was stuck as Locke because that's the form he was in when Jacob died. (And because the writers wanted to keep Terry O'Quinn around).

3. NDub

NDub Guest

Bam. That's dead on. You kicked my ass.

Here's Doc's reaction.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/11/lost-across-the-sea/

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This man would like to have a word with you.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Nailed it.

6. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I think this episode finally gave the answer to what powers someone has when they are "special." I'm just trying to replay it all in my head right now along with the other characters associated with the term to get a clearer definition.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How did the mother kill everyone? Is she Smokey?

I did not like this episode at all.

8. RickStain

I think spending too much time around the light warps your mind. Sort of like the ring in LOTR. That would explain Claire and Rousseau.

9. RickStain

Also, in retrospect, I think the women of the Island should be thankful they couldn't have babies, because they just would have been stolen anyway.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe she was because perhaps, she had gone into the light tunnel prior to killing the mom of the babies?

The one thing (out of many) that might not make sense is that Smokey/Locke can only be killed prior to him speaking to the killer. Yet, MIB was able to kill Smokey/Mom. Maybe that was because she had told him that he was special, and you need that specialness to overcome the 'can't kill him if he speaks to you' magic.

Or, maybe it's just a bunch of useless theories. :)

I didn't mind the episode, but at the same time, where did Janney come from to get on the island, which raises that question.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Well, looks like I'm back to not having any idea what's going on. That being said, here's the way my brain is processing this.

So the important thing to focus on is the light. IMO, it is life. For some reason, it is on this island where good and evil battle. Good, obviously, has a vested interest in protecting this light. Evil, obviously, wants to extinguish it.

Jacob's job is to protect it from the people coming to the island to claim it. It's what Charles Widmore wants, it's what the Dharma Experiment was looking for, it's basically what everyone wants to take because life eternal=no death.

The problem is, these people want to destroy it and/or their taking it will destroy it which, in turn, will end life.

Smokey wants this because Smokey wants off the island and because it is evil.
    ===

OK, that's all I've got. I'm back to being lost. Fuck.

Someone want to take my theory and run with it? :)

12. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

Sweet.

I forgot about that.

Draft saved Draft deleted