1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Withdraws from TPC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 9, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Neck injury, they're saying.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

And, Jack is now safe.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

So he can't win five majors in the next 10 years? I'd take that bet.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd give him a pass for this year. If he hasn't started winning by this time next year I would agree about Nicklaus.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Jack's record isn't safe, but let me say this about Simon's argument, which he's been flogging for several years: its no less extreme than the people who said Tiger would win 25 majors. And plenty of people made that one whithout a peep. Its still going to be hard. He'll probably still do it, but the people who act as if it will be a waltz or that injuries won't play a major role aren't seeing the big picture.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So Tiger pulled out early?

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You CAN'T give him a pass for this year. This year is the TIGER rota.... Augusta, Pebble and St. Andrews. An 0-fer this year is absolutely disastrous, with him now 34 with injuries (multiple in the knee, which sounds quite degenerative) and other shit piling up.

Jack is safe.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Well, Hogan certainly never won again after that car accident.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Before Thanksgiving 2009, this was the wild card, that injuries from all the stress he put on his body hitting the ball so hard much of the time would derail him. Then he came back from the knee thing and won six times last year. And then it seemed as if life distractions might do him in.

But this is his back, and if it's indeed a bulging disk, who knows what that will take to be right? I'm not sure Simon's right, but I'd bet on his thinking a lot more today than I would have yesterday.

10. Scouter

Scouter Member

Now that's well done.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with the idea that Tiger might never equal Jack. Or that he might.

I disagree with saying either with anything like certainty.

Predictions are for suckers.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Lingering whiplash from a 7-iron to the face.

Draft saved Draft deleted