1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Oklahoman lays off 57

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by chase.colston, May 5, 2010.

1. Brian Cook

Brian Cook Member

Indeed, I am extremely anonymous. I have no respect for a guy who advocated the dismissal of a guy on Oklahoma's team because a teammate posted an off-the-cuff rap on youtube. His inevitable axe is karmic justice.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You're a fuckhead. You realize that, right?

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

So what's the karmic justice for you cheering someone getting laid off?

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You are a jackass.

5. jps

jps Active Member

yeah, I think I'll continue the you're-a-jackass string.

6. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Please tell me you just got stuck with a poorly timed, in-poor-taste, attempt at sarcasm because if not ... well ... I'd hate to think people like you exist in this business.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Or in this life.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The player in question, only a month after signing his letter-of-intent, was arrested on a felony charge of carrying a firearm on his high school campus. Plea-bargained to misdemeanor.

Then, days before players reported to Norman, the rap video appeared, It had references to guns and shooting people. Lyrics included, “shoot you in the head and you might be dead with a halo. So hold on, don’t beg for your life.”

And a columnist had the nerve to write the player "was undeserving of an Oklahoma scholarship." . . . a decision that Bob Stoops happened to agree with a few days later.

Gee, I kind of thought that was a columnist's job.

And obviously little Brian has had a bug up his ass about this for some time:

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2008/08/03/josh-jarboe-got-a-raw-deal/

. . . in which he states, "Berry Tramel, last seen looking drunk at 10AM . . . "

Is this really the best you can do in a pathetic attempt to justify your ill-advised and mean-spirited post? Jeebus.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

An embittered blogger with an ax to grind?

A world gone mad.

10. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Just because you disagree with Berry's opinion doesn't mean you have to act like an idot and wish for him to be laid off. Getting laid off can be traumatizing and a huge adjustment in someone's life. That's uncalled for.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Yes. Poor, poor form.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Cook isn't acting like an idiot. He is an idiot.

Draft saved Draft deleted