1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you like but everybody else hates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Love that movie. Done in by a lousy title and a worse trailer.

2. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Fixed.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I agree.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Any movie starring Paul Walker immediately falls into the Hate category for me. Does he make good movies?

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Anything by Spike Lee and Crash.

Someone mentioned Baby Boy a few pages back, that was on HBO the other day, I watched and it is even worse than I thought it was. No one in that movie can act, with the exception of Taraji P. Henson.

I liked Belly, great cinematography but horrid acting.

Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence in Life. One of my favorite comedies ever, the one thing Eddie has acted in the last 15 years that is decent (Shrek doesn't count, he wasn't in those).

7. No. He wasn't bad in "Running Scared," IIRC, but maybe I just overlooked him among all the other problems with that movie.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The director's cut ending for the Butterfly Effect ....

spoiler warning.....

So the movie is about 50% more depressing and everything he tries to change just blows up in his face. As it should really. Eventually, he realizes that he can't change things and that mere existence has ruined all of his friend's lives.

So, to fix this, he goes back to when he was in the womb and kills himself with his own umbilical (sp*) cord. Sort of a "I'll sacrifice myself for everyone else" moment.

It sounds stupid without the context of the movie to explain it but it really worked and made for a really emotional ending to a solid, solid flick.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Just because it's on right now, but it is a movie I have to watch every time it's on, School of Rock.

Draft saved Draft deleted