1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Publisher arrested in Culpeper

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

He just can't help himself:

http://www2.starexponent.com/cse/news/local/article/Police_Sneed_bit_man_during_home_break-in/56065/

Probably a good thing he's the former publisher.

I'd like to hang my head and pronounce, more in sorrow than in anger, that this is a sad moment in the life of a good guy. But I can't. Instead, it's another pathetic moment in the life of a petty, rageaholic dick.

2. Here's the thing: Mitch didn't just suddenly fall off the rails. He's always been a clown, and anyone who spent more than a few minutes around him should be aware of it.

Yet the fine leadership at Media General decided he had done such a bang-up job as an editor that he needed to be PROMOTED to publisher.

If there were any justice, the higher-up who made that decision would suffer a similar fate. His demise should be an indictment of the entire way that MG hires, develops and monitors its executives. But incompetence generally rewards incompetence. I'm not sure that's unique to Media General, but in my experience that company seems to make more spectacularly bad management decisions than most.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://news.google.com/news/search?pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=%22Mitch+Sneed%22&cf=all&scoring=n

Is there a reason why only one newspaper is running this?

4. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Well said.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

These people seem real, ah, interesting. Is Jerry Springer next for them?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The publisher bit a dude on the stomach? He should be arrested for fighting like a girl.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

He probably wasn't raised with old-fashioned, middle-America values.

Draft saved Draft deleted