1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Laying this on a little thick tonight:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LampshadeHanging

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That promo for next week's show with the bagpipes playing Amazing Grace was really cool.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I wish I was getting more interested as the season goes on, but I'm not. I'm just hanging around to the end because of all the time I've already put in.

And that sucks.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Another quality episode. The proceedings continue to move forward at a nice pace.

Props to Double Down for being the first to mention Desmond as the item in the locked room.

Desmond is the focal point for everything to come. He'll play a major roles between the two worlds, and provide the connection between them.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I don't get why Smocke just left Sun after she KO'd herself.

EDIT: It just hit me — probably a free will thing. Folks have to choose to go with Smocke.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Some people are just not meant to be together.

Damn

"So says the man who talks to dead people," might be the best line of any season.

7. rube

rube Active Member

I guess we also found out how Mikhail lost his eye.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... in the sideways world, anyway.

9. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Anybody catch how long until V ?

10. rube

rube Active Member

Yeah there's been something about him for as long as he's been around – I seem to remember something said to him by Faraday's mom at one point that 'rules don't matter' to Desmond. Or that they didn't apply or what not.

I think we're really getting down to crunch time here – hopefully the payoff is big after being glued to my TV for what now seems like the duration of Richard's life watching this show.

11. NDub

NDub Guest

I expected an average episode because it was Sun and Jin-centric and they haven’t been relevant since season 3. But I was pleasantly surprised. I think this season is on an absolute roll right now.

The scene with Jin looking at the pictures of Ji Yeon was touching.

I really liked their sideways world story. So complex yet so simple – not married, Jin not the angry asshole, Mikhail getting shot in the eye, Sun being shot in the belly while being pregnant.

The Widmore vs. Smocke face-to-face was pretty cool. I think it’s pretty obvious Widmore knows the magnitude of the Smoke Monster and apparently what it could do to… the entire world?? (!!!)

“I'm sorry to have to tell you this, Desmond, but the Island isn't done with you yet,” (Eloise Hawking, ‘316,’ Season 5) and “Desmond... the rules... the rules don't apply to you. You're special. You're uniquely and miraculously special,” (Daniel Faraday, ‘Because You Left,’ Season 5) have stuck with me about Desmond the past two seasons. Looks like next week we really get to see why.

Also, I think it’s pretty obvious a main character gets offed next week. “Amazing Grace” was a dead giveaway.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

The bagpipes playing leads me to believe it'll be Dez.

Draft saved Draft deleted