1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Onstar Crash Commercial

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I find those commercials unsettling at best. The ones where they play recording from accident of victim. Recent one has pregnant women over a ravine in sheer panic. She relays that her mother is not moving. I wish GM would provide updates. I am worried sick about these poor people.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Along with the Sarah McGlaflin crying puppy commercial, these are my least favorite on television. They just have a weird and creepy feel to them.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The creepiest commercial is when a car GPS with a female voice, envious that the driver went to Jared to buy his gal a necklace, keeps the doors locked until he drapes the necklace over the GPS screen.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Esoteric reference, but I'd love to hear the Onstar version of the blow job scene in World According To Garp.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear someone call Onstar with the concern of an erection that has lasted more than 4 hours.

6. dooley_womack1

Onstar will let Prince Albert out of the can.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear Gus Johnson answer an Onstar call.

8. dooley_womack1

If your nose is running, Onstar will catch it.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'd say there's special place in hell for you, Baron, but that's too easy. So, there's a special place in Billy Packer's colon for you. :p

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

McLachlan

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The woman is fine. She ordered Jimmy Johns. They would have been there sooner but the delivery driver got stuck behind an ambulance.

They got her to the hospital and even beat the husband there. She ordered a turkey sub with no mayo, what she always gets.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You'll get what you've asked for by this summer...

I know that On-star has hooked up with an Infomercial company to produce 3, 30-minute spots that will follow a series of On-star victims, with re-enactments of their buying their GM car, their wreck, and life after the wreck.

Draft saved Draft deleted