1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Green Zone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Caught this weekend. Entertaining 2 hours. Some of stuff was not plausible but good non the less.

Clear that the fictitious war zone reporter from the Wall Street Journal was suppose to be based on Judith Miller. Director provided clue by giving Matt Damon character the name "Miller" .

I've read that some conservatives were outraged and termed movie another liberal hollywood anti Bush movie. I did not find it to be the case.

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Only made $14 mil this weekend....Basically enough to cover Damon's salary. I read the reviews in the NY Post about the "liberal Hollywood meme" that was being thrown around. Dude, its a movie and I'l make my decisions if I want to see it if its going to be entertaining.

Not many people saw the Hurt Locker either and that won a bunch of Oscars. I guess the American people don't want to see Iraq war films.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Watched Greengrass and Damon on Charlie Rose last week talk about the film. Looked interesting, particularly in the fact that they used (inactive) military personnel for Damon's crew, and the way they added to the production.

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I saw it. I thought it was great.

The way Greengrass shoots makes me slightly queasy, but his films are very good.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Just noticed this is in Sports/News. Is it news that Boom saw a movie? :D

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If this film is a tenth as good as the last two Bourne films, it will be worth it.

7. Boom_70

It's a military version of Bourne- I would say perhaps just a tad below but a good 2 hours that does not leave checking your watch an hour in.

My only problem was that I could not see Damon acting so much on his own at the level he was was at.

8. e4

e4 Member

boom, good point, but put your game face on

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My folks saw it and loved it.

Although they are former GOPers (when their savings seemed to vanish), so take that with a grain of salt.

They also hated Sherlock Holmes, so they just won't fawn at any action movie.

10. Boom_70

Greg Kinnear has the Paul Bremer like State Dept bureaucrat act down pat.

I read that Kinnear's father was a diplomat so he was a perfect fit.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

"Put your game face on" is such a dumb expression. I cringed when Damon said that.

And it is not Bourne goes to war, the character Damon plays is nothing like Jason Bourne.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

This guy agrees

Draft saved Draft deleted