1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 NFL Combine

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JennaLaine, Feb 26, 2010.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'd love to read a piece that analyzes Mel Kiper's picks. He says picks need 3 years to evaluate. Why not check out his 2004, 05, 06 draft boards and see how prophetic he really is?

2. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Character guy is Racist.

it means black guy with attitude.

Nobody gives NotreDame's quarterback Claussen the fits for his funk and stank attitude and behavior.

He's another Brady Quinn anyway. so who really cares

3. heyabbott

If Time Tebow were black, he'd be the number 1 pick

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Boy, did I miss sportsbruh[/blue]

5. This was a pair of really lame moves -- to post that photo and comment about an "attitude problem."
    What freaking year are we in here?

A poster makes some juvenile crack about hoping a fellow reporter's website would be NSFW and the reporter rightfully calls him on it. From there, she's critiqued for having fitness photos and then labeled as having an attitude or lecturing or scolding -- all because she didn't appreciate the inference.

That's completely wrong and we should be past that type of crap. Yes, this board gets sidetracked and cracks come from all sides, but that doesn't mean Jenna didn't have a right to set her boundaries as she put it without getting labeled as the person stirring stuff up.

To then go searching for a photo of her and claim it's NSFW was bad enough. For someone else to post the shot was worse.
    I get that most posters here don't plug their websites or post their mugshots which may account for some of the reaction. But that doesn't justify the borderline sexist behavior here.

Have some basic respect, guys.

6. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

I had to bounce. too many whitefolks....ya'll bored a brotha

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Combine in this case is always capitalized.

8. JennaLaine

JennaLaine Member

Yeah Rome just spent 30 min or so ripping Clausen. I wouldn't go with a QB who has any questions regarding his character. Not at that position. Bradford a much safer option. I'm not a gambler though.

DE Jason Pierre-Paul is having one heck of a Combine with a 4.64 40 this morning. He's a South Florida kid so naturally I'm supposed to love him, but one year playing D-I makes me NERVOUS. Once teams started double-teaming him the way they did Selvie, he seemed a little irrelevent towards the end of the season.

Still, he's Mayock's #1 at DE. I think he has all the physical tools, but I'm not sold on him being the top DE prospect. Thoughts?

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Bradford is coming off that injury and even with rehab completed he may not be at 100%. Not a fan of throwing a QB in the fire right away anyway (although there are certainly exceptions to the rule) I would much rather have him sit and watch for 5-6 games or even the year to get acclimated to the speed of the game.

I would think personel guys look past a 40 time. It looks nice on the clock, but I would think they would watch a ton of tape on a guy like that to see what his deficiencies are. The only thing I can see is if he is tremendously athletic and has a ton of upside (which very well maybe the case). There are a number of Def ends coming out, but many have a blemish against them, IMO.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yeah, don't you know that journalists are fat slobs who have never done anything athletic in their life? Do you want to fit in or don't you?

Rookie.

11. heyabbott

I want to have my 12th birthday party at Hooters
    [​IMG]

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted