1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tattoos

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The parlors in Waterloo do a great job on John Deere Tractor Tats.

2. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

B.

And I think it was Stephen Wright who once said he was going to get a tattoo of himself covering his entire body but 1 inch larger than life-size.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. Nicely done.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

B, by a mile.

I just came back from a vacation to a warm place and there were times when I think I was the only person around without a tattoo. I saw more bad tattoos in one day than I ever have and even though I don't really get the whole tattoo thing, this trip was enough to make solidify my choice to never get one. I'm sure the girl I saw with the huge (I'm talking 16"), colorful and poorly rendered tattoo of a four leaf clover and a horseshoe on her hip when she's older. Just like I'm sure her boyfriend won't ever have trouble finding a job with that giant neck tattoo.

5. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I have to confess I'm not sure I get the whole "just think how it'll look when you're old and wrinkly and sagging" argument. I have one on my left wrist, a memorial tattoo in memory of my mother and my dad's parents. And when I'm old and wrinkly and sagging, they'll still be gone, and I'll still miss them, and I'll still look at it and think about the mark they left on my life.

All of me will be old and wrinkly and saggy. Why should I care if my tattoo is as well?

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

so, if you had a rose tattoo on one of your breasts you wouldn't mind when it becomes a long-stemmed rose?

i just don't get why anyone needs a loved one's image or name or anything branded on them as a remembrance. pictures and memory are fine for me, thanks.

7. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

It's not like I'm gonna be all smooth and wrinkle-free, and that tattoo is the only that's going to wrinkle. I guess I just see it all as part of the process.

As for the second part, I think that's a personal decision for each person. Didn't NEED it. Wanted it. It's just there to serve as a physical reminder of a think I'm incapable of forgetting. YMMV

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Why stop?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top guy looks like the fucking back wall at Primanti Bros. I'm looking for Fred Rogers right now.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If your tattoo-sporting wife says "that looks stupid", go with Option B or be prepared to sleep on the couch for a fortnight.

If your wife weren't a fan of tattoos and she said "that looks stupid", go with Option B or be prepared to sleep on the couch for a month.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. bigblueman

bigblueman Member

I didn't think sports writers could afford tattoos anymore?

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The hat is a nice touch.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted