1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome to the Pac-10, Lane Kiffin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 12, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Deal. Sucker. I would have done it for half a Subway sandwich.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I know what Sonner's next Secret Santa should get him.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Well, if you're gonna "waive" the check, then I'm not getting paid, so no way am I going on.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You mean like, when newspapers wave the $50 check for guest columnists and the TV guys come running?

Yeah, got it.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Whoops -- "wave" not "waive." Terrible mistake on my part. Good catch, finish.

6. jps

jps Active Member

just figured it was canuckistani spelling.

7. Wes Rucker

Wes Rucker Member

Several of us tried to talk to the guy, but once he got going and realized he was mostly out there on his own, he seemed pretty defensive and flustered and wasn't going to back down. From that point, things just got out of hand on both sides. I'm just glad some of my more colorful remarks didn't make the YouTube clip, because I said some doozies.

Like I said, I completely disagree with how he handled the situation, but he has every right to defend himself, his bosses, his station and his viewers. He is a journalist, just like the rest of us. I just think it's unfortunate that someone who understood Kiffin less than just about anyone in the room was so stubborn in making decisions that impacted everyone in the room.

For the record, I roll my eyes at writers just as often as I roll my eyes at TV and radio guys. Good journalists are good journalists, and bad journalists are bad journalists.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Appreciate the response, Wes.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

When they put Married With Children and the rest of the TV Land lineup (or whatever channel we flip to) on that machine, I'll give it a shot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You could have asked Kiffin about wrecking a Lexus.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

With a few co-eds in the car.

http://secjunky.com/?p=317

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I doubt this surprises all of the folks in the room on that YouTube clip.

Draft saved Draft deleted