1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Hutchinson (KS) News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TrooperBari, Nov 5, 2009.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Now now now, let's not be too hard on Hallier! I know he was accused of breaking a girl's ankle during a coed softball game, but don't hold that against him!

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

They also still cover K-State regularly as well.

For those considering applying for this one: do it! There are a lot of good people there, it's a great town and not far from Wichita and Salina and there's a lot of good experience to be had with this one.

3. rolling

rolling Member

This one has been filled.

Congrats to Pat Sangimino, former SE at the Olathe Daily News in the 90s. I believe, most recently, he was the editor at a small business publication in Wichita.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Sangimino is a real good guy, a fun guy to be around.

5. redsox99

redsox99 Member

Sangimino is a great guy. Not the greatest golfer, but I believe in the Bear Bryant philosophy on golf. To quote the Bear, "Show me a coach who's a good golfer and I'll show you a coach who ain't worth a shit." So Pat must be a helluva sports editor ; )

6. KUjhawk02

KUjhawk02 Member

Sangimino's a below average third baseman but a first-class guy. I used to run into him occasionally when he was still in KC. Good hire for the guys in Hutch.

Draft saved Draft deleted