1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Californication Season 3 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Can't stand that guy

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The Oct. 25 episode was one of the weaker ones in the series.
    However I do agree with Mizzou that it ended well (by ending I mean the beach scene and the airport scene)

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The last episode was pretty mediocre as well.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I've had enough of the angst-ridden daughter's annoying monotone. It's unrealistic and cheesy, and it distracts from every scene she's in.

The only laugh I got was when Hank kept calling Rick Springfield "Rick Springfield".

5. Mizzougrad96

Plus, any daughter of Hank and Natascha McElhome (Sp?) should be much, much hotter... :D

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I thought they salvaged an uneven season with a tremendous final couple episodes.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Good to hear. I'm buying season 2 tomorrow.

8. Mizzougrad96

The season was definitely uneven. I just caught up and watched the final two episodes. I'm not sure what to think after the finale. It seems like they piled on a bit much.

9. somewriter

somewriter Member

Watched the finale today and found it utterly depressing - although somewhat humorous. I guess the good news is that they'll be back for another season.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It's almost like the show is trying to say that drinking, snorting and fucking anything you can is <i>not</i> a good way to live.

11. EStreetJoe

Agreed.
    For most of this season I thought the show had gone astray a bit, but found it's heart again in the last few episodes.

I also noticed a common theme running through the finales of my two currently airing TV shows -- the main character having everything taken away from him in the final episode.

Hank thought he finally had the happiness and life he wanted with Karen & Becca and moving back to New York, only to have it taken away by the threats of Mia's manager forcing him to own up to the sins of his past.
    Dexter thought after killing Trinity he could change and finally have peace of mind and a normal life in a family, only to have that violently taken away, as his past came full circle.

12. EStreetJoe

In other words, they're updating Dean Wormer's advice to Flounder.

Draft saved Draft deleted