1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Footballcoachscoop.com's Greatest Hits

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tapintoamerica, Dec 11, 2009.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Gotta love Everyman As Journalist.
    Footballcoachscoop.com deserves considerable scorn, and I'm the self-appointed watchdog.
    Here are some of the site's classics from the past few weeks:

On Sept. 24, they "reported" that Dan Hawkins would be fired. They repeated this assertion on Nov. 14, Nov. 17, Nov. 21 and Nov. 23. Eventually, they "reported" that he would be retained. Each time, of course, they claimed they were the "first to report" this stuff. This is convenient when your posts have no time stamps on them.

On Nov. 25, they "reported" that "Jerry Gray has accepted the job" at Memphis. Three days later, somebody else took the gig.

On Dec. 5, they "reported" that Brian Kelly was no longer a candidate at Notre Dame. They repeated the claims on Dec. 7 and Dec. 8.

On Dec. 6, they "reported" that Arizona AD Jim Livengood had accepted the gig at UNLV. It referred to him as "former Arizona AD Jim Livengood." That one's TBD.

On Dec. 9, they "reported" that Pat Hill would be "forced out" at Fresno State. Again, we shall see.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

How about a poll on who the fuck has ever heard of this clown site?

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Sure. Set one up. Because you have to vote yes, since you were the first to reply on the other topic about it:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/2683887/

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That was the first time I ever heard of it. So I would have to vote yes based on that post.

5. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

Talk about some egg in their faces. Almost have to wonder if coaches intentionally send misinformation to that site on purpose.

I'm the FIRST TO REPORT the BREAKING NEWS that footballcoachscoop.com is run by a bunch of morons.

6. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

I noticed they were the "first to report" a story that I had posted to our web site the day before. Maybe they meant they were first to read it.

7. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

Probably meant they were the first to report it after you did. They probably just forgot to add those last few words.

8. For better or worse, I would imagine most people who cover college football know about it. They get it right every now and then, and a ton of coaches stop by the site looking for leads, so it sometimes provides good leads on the coaching biz rumor mill.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I imagine this might have come up before, but if not, this blog kind of shows how that site works:

http://bluegraysky.blogspot.com/2009_12_01_archive.html#7014119063071457519

10. Didn't they have a post saying, "Forget the Harbaugh rumors. No one leaves Palo Alto for Kansas," or something like that?

That could be wrong very shortly.

11. Billy Monday

Billy Monday Member

These idiots are so stupid they just throw 47 guesses against the wall and hope one of them sticks.

12. silvercharm

silvercharm Member

One of their guys used to e-mail me all the time fishing for tips. I thought about throwing him a wild one that had no chance of being true just to see if they'd publish it. A site not to be taken seriously. Ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted