1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Friday 2009

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Target has a Westinghouse 32" 720p for $246. Anyone have any luck with Westinghouse?

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I was gonna say why stand in line when you can get it online, but they're sold out already.

I, however, was able to snag Fallout3 for $20 online. No fighting the crowds for me.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

At $250, I think it's worth taking a chance.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The girlfriend is going out with friends at 4 a.m., or so she says.

Cannot understand it myself.

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking. I don't have to work until 7:30 and Target opens at 5. Twenty five minute drive each way, taking the TV up two flights of stairs. It could work.

6. I have a 42'' 1080p Westinghouse TV that has been great to me for the past two years. No regrets that I didn't pay extra for a Sony or an LG.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Why call it black Friday? Why the racial reference? Besides, mostly everyone interviewed is white. LOL

8. Scouter

Scouter Member

A six-hour round trip and two Thanksgiving get-togethers kept me from watching yesterday, but today will most definitely be an enjoyable experience. I have, of course, watched sports in HD. Just not on my own TV.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Heard a story about a lady at a Toys R Us tellling people to get back. She was armed with a taser.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Seriously?

A supposed journalist and you don't know why it's Black Friday?

As others have said on here, you're act is old.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You are a fucking idiot. And you prove it over, and over, and over again.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No offense but I giggled at this really hard. Let me know how this worked out for you. If you're there at 5, I'm guessing the line wrapped at least around to the back of the building. By the time you got in and got the TV, you'd be in line for a good 45 minutes, then fighting traffic on the way out.

If it worked for you, you live in a great place. Stay there forever. I'd never go to any store on Black Friday without at least 4 hours give.

My mom and I went out this morning. Left at 3:15, went to Sears at 4 (she needed a down comforter for $20) and we each got a couple pairs of holiday earrings for $5 each. Then we went over to Target, which opened at 5, but the line was across the front, up the side and all the way over three more stores to the Jared store. All we needed was some $5 pajama pants for my brother's girlfriend, so no. Went back to the mall, and Macy's opened at 5. I got myself three sweaters and my mom got me one (she took the one I liked most, so now I have to wait a month to wear it. Grrrr). I also got her a light-up snowman ornament (she has a whole snowman tree).

So, left at 3:15, drove 45 minutes to the stores, did some shopping, and was back in bed by 8:30. It was good times indeed, even if I didn't buy much.

Draft saved Draft deleted