1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire in 10 minutes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/16/the-hundred-greatest-quot_n_359784.html

My highlight is Clay at 8:40

Great stuff

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Been sending this to people much of the day. I think we should fill in the ones they missed. Because there are several.

I'll start.

"College kids ain't shit!"

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Got to. This America, man.

4. MTT22

MTT22 New Member

That's good. That's like a 40-degree day. Ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. Fifty? Bring a smile to your face. Sixty? Shit, niggas is damn near barbecuing on that motherfucker. Go down to 20, niggas get their bitch on. Get their blood complaining. But 40? Nobody give a fuck about 40. Nobody remember 40, and y'all niggas is giving me way too many 40-degree days! What the fuck?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's Baltimore gentlemen, the gods will not save you!

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

This my corner!!

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

That one is my favorite. I was surprised it wasn't in this video, at least I didn't catch it on the first viewing.

8. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

How many posters here picked their handle after characters on The Wire? Anyone else besides Bodie and Det. Jimmy McNulty?

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It's not exactly the name, but isn't there a poster named Omar Don't Scare?

10. Dedo

Dedo Member

Hey, hey, hey. A life. A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Damn! That shit has me inspired to go through the whole series again.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

There's someone on here who has the honorable Clay Davis as their avatar, but it's not their screen name. Can't remember off the top of my head ...

Draft saved Draft deleted