1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is MW2 mainly aimed at online play? Or is the solo gameplay pretty good too?

(Man, I really need to string some ethernet cable over to my PS3.)

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Definitely geared to multiplayer.

3. I agree with the comments on MW2. This game is astonishing. The single player campaign is pretty good, but for me the real meat and potatoes of the game is in multiplayer. Everything just seems more polished than in MW1, which was a great game in itself.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I don't buy games for the solo gameplay anymore. Actually, every game I own I haven't even attempted the solo gameplay. Maybe except for NCAA football and Skate 2.

5. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Same here. I was really disappointed that MW2 didn't have a co-op option for the campaign. That's what made Halo's campaigns so fun.

6. I am yet to try the Special Ops side of things, however I hope that will be a great co-op experience.

7. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

I haven't tried it either, but I'm guessing you're right. There is so much to do in this game, it's ridiculous.

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Special Ops is awesome.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I hate Madden 10.

We have a Madden tourney at the office, and I threw 3 picks in the first half with Peyton Manning. It's near impossible to run the damn ball, and even harder to complete a pass downfield.

10. Pass interference rarely, if ever, gets called during a game. That's probably the most frustrating thing.

But I've had recent good luck running the ball. Having a RB with a good truck rating helps.

11. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Hey guys and gals, I need a little help here. My wife decided to buy the family a Wii for Christmas and I know very little about the system. I've played it before, but only the motion-plus games like Wii Sports. My question is how does the Wii work as far as regular games, like Madden or NCAA. Do they have an XBox/PS3-type controller? Is the gameplay similar to that of XBox? Like I said, my experience with Wii is very limited to games that have a very cartoon feel.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The one time I played Madden it was astonishingly awful. The most frustrating video game experience of my life. That being said, you absolutely have to get Mario Kart. One of the most just purely fun games I've ever played, maybe the most.

Draft saved Draft deleted