1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the hell is Mike Leach trying to say?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 5, 2009.

1. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Sorry, Mizzou. There's nothing interesting about being a dick.

And looks to me like Mike Leach is the last person who should be calling anyone fat.

Mix in some Slim-Fast, Mike. After your brain transplant, of course.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think you're taking this a little too literally.

3. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I've worked in schools ovet the years with a lot of pre-adolescent and adolescent girls who are struggling with their body image.

Assholes like Mike Leach are a big part of the reason why eating disorders are such a problem among young girls.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Mike Leach on the weather:

5. Billy Monday

Billy Monday Member

Yeah, that's it. Young girls are really going to struggle with their self image because of what the Texas Tech football coach said.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Oh Lord.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Steve Phillips has been working hard to rehabilitate those poor girls one at at time.

8. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Pretty simple, people: Don't listen to what your fat girlfriends are telling you.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Just listen to the skinny ones :)

10. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Just because it's Mike Leach related:

11. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Just listen to the skinny ones :)
    [/quote]

One of my best buds in the biz came up with the kinda acronym that Mike Leach oughta hang onto. Literally.

He's a brother, about 5-foot-8, a powerful 220 or so, a shorter, darker complexion, obviously, version of myself. One funny MF. One time at SEC Media Days a bunch of our contemporaries -- less cynical types, mind you -- were scrambling to get ready for the golf outing. "You playin' golf? You playin' golf?"

This was back in the day, when the SEClusterfuck was in downtown Birmingham, at The Sheraton. Don't get loaded and ask directions in those parts. Happened to one guy I know, and the driver of the other car waved his piece at him. Packin' some serious heat.

What unfolded was a scene right outta Caddyshack.

One of 'em looked at my and my boy and he says, "SEC Drive Blockin' Contest."

Simultaneously, I am not making this up, we both settled into three-point stances and pulled to the same side of the auditorium. He was Gene Upshaw to my Art Shell. I think Ron Higgins was there.

Two or three of those guys thought they'd done seen a ghost. But Dave Casper was running a quick slant. And the Snake was handing the ball off, anyway ...

When my boy and I went carousing, as he put it, we were on the prowl for "CWC."

Chunky White Chicks. Hey none other than Dirty Harry told us a man has to know his limitations.

Sadly, my boy is now happily married. With young 'uns ready to pull and open some holes of their own. So to speak ...

Have at it, Red Raiders.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Who cares what they're like as people? [/rickstain]

:)

Draft saved Draft deleted