1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News attacking Larry David

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mitch cumstein, Oct 28, 2009.

1. It was their top story for most of the day, complete with a big photo and suggestive and deceptive headline. ::)

The falsified "poll" attached to it is amusing as well.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Gotta love Bill Donohue's "well, we know HE'S A JEW!"

I believe the Catholic League exists only for easy, TV-ready outrage.

3. It's funny that most of the Christian idiots posting comments are giving the example "Well, let's see how much he laughs when someone pisses on the torah."

Unfortunately, they have never watched the episode they're blindly judging, or any other episode, otherwise they'd know that the whole show is basically one big joke pointed at Judaism. Even the holocaust isn't spared.

Faux News: We draw out the anti-semites, Fair and Balanced.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If there is a bigger douchebag on earth than Bill Donohue, I haven't found him.

And Curb has been hilarious this year, last episode included.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

For the record, he didn't piss on Jesus. It splashed.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

If I remember correctly, in the very first show Larry was browbeaten to apologize to Jeff's parents because they heard Larry refer to his wife as "Hitler," and they were offended because they had gay Jewish relatives who died in the Holocaust.

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The 'miracle' clip:

8. That's not what Faux News wants you to think.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Have they changed the headline, because when I click the link I don't see anything all that outrageous. The Catholic League didn't like the episode, that's predictable. Of all the things to get up in arms over when it comes to Fox News, this doesn't seem like a very big deal to me.

And I say that as someone who laughed a lot watching that episode Sunday night.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Is "Cumstein" a Jewish name?

11. Their commenters don't seem to be enormous fans of Mohammad.

12. EE94

EE94 Guest

Things like the Spanish Inquisition and other episodes in which heretics were slaughtered is what's offensive

Draft saved Draft deleted