1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News attacking Larry David

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mitch cumstein, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Fox News' top story is yet another example of just how amateur they really are. It's totally twisting words to paint "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and Larry David in a bad light. They basically took nothing and made it into a front-page story. Unreal :eek:

And the story comment by the Fox News' herd of Christian extremists is equally shocking and clearly shows they are as dangerous to America as Islamic extremists.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2009/10/28/catholic-league-blasts-larry-david-curb-episode-urinates-jesus/

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it was a coincidence, but that was the funniest episode since Larry ate the Christmas cookies.

'I thought it was a monkey!'
    'The Baby Jesus is not a monkey, Larry!'

3. How Fox News is presenting this is an outright travesty. Read some of the headlines they stuck on it. I can't believe they are getting away with this.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It was a good episode.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

This is what happens when web editors go web hit crazy. Many sports sites do this as well.

Calling it a travesty is being dramatic. It's an overblown article. Nothing to see here.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I thought the politics board was dead.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's only dead when certain people are grumpy.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

From Sepinwall's Twitter feed:

Catholic League prez mad about latest Curb, asks, "Was Larry David always this crude?" Short answer: Yes.

Catholic League prez: "Would (Larry) think it's comedic if someone urinated on a picture of his mother?" Also yes.

This seems to be the week for people (Microsoft, Catholic League) discovering that tasteless comedies are tasteless. Way to pay attention.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Andres Serrano approves.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I thought the crying Jesus was a very funny moment of the worst episode I have ever seen in the series.

11. Well, then I must admit that Faux News does an excellent job of riling up their Christian Fundamentalist herd with this rubbish.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I know it's a minor point, but in all fairness the article is a column on Fox New's gossip page, "411" -- their version of TMZ.

Draft saved Draft deleted