1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Oct 16, 2008.

1. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Yeah, but that stuff was funny. Michael telling everyone Stanley is having an affair (and being very, very persistent about it) and asking Oscar what a colonoscopy is like (because he is gay)? Just too far over the top for me.

2. Man I hated tonight's episode. I am almost done with the show.
    Michael just continues to piss me off and with Jim now in managament (there is NO way this story line lasts much longer) the whole dynamic of the show has changed.

Oh, and the show wasn't that funny. I liked the opening and that was about it.

3. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

I don't feel this way at all. I don't see how anyone else would unless they've seen those movies more than a dozen times each.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Right, CB. I mean, 40YOV came out like what, six years ago? More? That movie never, ever crosses my mind when I watch The Office.

5. billikens

billikens Member

I love the Office and, admittedly, am not that hard to please, so even when others on here have complained about characters or story lines, I've still really enjoyed the show.

But last night was the first time I've ever through an episode and didn't like at least part of it. It felt forced, uneven and awkward, but not in a funny way. That said, I'm nowhere near the point of being done with the show.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It set up the rest of the season quite nicely.

But I didn't laugh once. Didn't even come close. This is a comedy, right?

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That episode didn't feel like escapist humor, it felt like half an hour of watching other people's stress. Not what I'm looking for out of that show.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I did like the ending when Michael brought a "World's Greatest Boss" coffee cup into Jim's office filled with gin.

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Every time Jim has tried to exert his authority, the troops rebel and Michael comes to the rescue. It's getting to be a little formulaic.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The show sucked last night.

11. Just to nitpick..
    Who the hell would annouce to employees that not everyone was getting raises?
    What company would do that?
    An office manager is going to go out and tell employees only some of you will be getting raises?

12. e4

e4 Member

"what's a bean mean? WHAT'S A BEAN MEAN?"

you didn't at least chuckle a bit at that?

Draft saved Draft deleted