1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. I guess I am going to be the lone thumbs down on this, but I really thought the show has taken a big, big drop from the pilot episode. It's still on the dvr, and I am really wishing it get's back to the heights of the pilot, but it's going in the wrong direction for me.

2. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

Dude, Jane Lynch (name?) is worth every second you watch this show. She steals every show or movie she's in

"I'm really tired of people saying 'I'm riddled with this disease,' or, 'I was in that Tsunami.' "

That is fucking gold.

I will say they should have consulted someone that knew at least something about football but, all in all, a good episode.

I only have a problem with nearly all of the women being pretty fucking unlikable. Maybe the show is written by gay men? Speaking of which, did anyone watch Modern Family? There was some hilarious shit in it.

3. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying there has been a signifigant dropoff from the pilot.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Utilizing my DVR to fast forward through commercials...that was the worst 20 minutes or so I've spent in years.

5. EE94

EE94 Guest

i think you have to suspend a certain disbelief for this entire show, so I wouldn't get too worked up about illegal motion in the backfield on the dance scene

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Most likely once they get past the "recruitment phase" of the season, it'll pick right back up to where we left off.

Plus, Kristen Chenoweth is going to be in the next few eps. ACK. CAN'T WAITTTT.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

This might be the first live-action show that, in my mind, is written a little like an animated show. The characters are WAY over the top in parts, which in shows like The Simpsons or Family Guy is par for the course. And if you can suspend disbelief and go with the fun music and sometimes two-dimensional characters, then you will have a blast.

A few observations:

Jane Lynch is absolutely, 100 percent the primary reason to spend 60 minutes a week watching this show. Not an unfunny line. Her body language and exchanges with the exiled music teacher in his home were priceless.

I may have a mancrush on Cory Monteith, the kid playing Finn. He's so likable and sweet, and I really feel for him with this pregnancy issue. Seems like a guy you'd really like as your friend.

Lea Michele, aka Rachel, is extremely hot.

Was nice to see Kurt's character given some depth the last two episodes; I hope some of the weaker characters (Will's wife, the disabled member, etc.) are soon given character arcs to help humanize them. And I assume they will.

Mike O'Malley!! Love him. "You can call me THE Rick"

I have criticisms, sure. But I'm watching and I'm loving it.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Thank you! I couldn't figure out for the LIFE OF ME who that was! I just knew that he was familiar. Guts was the greatest ever. Seriously. I haven't one athletic bone in my body and I wanted to be that show as a kid sooo badly.

9. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Lynch is also the counselor in the movie "Role Models." Also hilarious.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Best line of last night:

"Hey ankle grabber. I had sex with your mother. No, seriously. I cleaned your pool and then I had sex with her in your bed. Nice Star Wars sheets."

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Dishonesty is like food for a marriage. It will die without it.

12. Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Lea Michele and Jane Lynch are the two things holding me to the show, and for entirely different reasons. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted