1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2009 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 1, 2009.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

And it started out so well, too, with Barker poking fun at Jericho.

Didn't take long for it to bomb, though.

2. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

The opener with Jericho was great. His looks were priceless.

3. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Yeah, that frozen pose was great.

4. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I'm so tired of these guest hosts. It's the same old shit, one week it's someone promoting something, the next it's an ex-wrestler.

Time to end this train wreck and get back to wrestling.

5. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Well next week we have a guest host who *can* wrestle...and she did last time RAW was there.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I actually liked last night's Raw. The opening segment was funny as hell, especially with Santino going nuts when he got picked.

My regret is that they didn't actually have a big wheel for DX to spin, instead of a computerized one.

And the Bella Twins did a great job.

7. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

Would have been cool if Michael Barrett had come from behind and given him a chair-shot or something.

But of course WWE is too lame to have any sort of ingenuity.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Let's hope Cena doesn't team with her again. Don't need to see THAT again.

As for The Price is Raw, I was OK with it. Likable and hokey, which is a nice change of pace on a show where even most of the good guys are assholes and douchebags. Barker wasn't bad at all, excepting the end of the Santino-Big Show body slam challenge. Timing could have been better -- there's a PPV on Sunday and very little from last night built to it. On the other hand, you're always building to a PPV since the monthly model took effect.

Glad to see him get a good pop, too. And probably no worse than any Drew Carey TPiRs.

When they drop the guest GM concept, I'm hoping they don't fill the role and just let decisions be handed down by a nebulous, unseen hand from above with a fancy name like the WWE Competition Committee or something. If you bring in someone, they'll either a) be heel, and I think we're past the point of no return with the heel commissioners, or b) be neutral, but everyone will be waiting for a turn or some sort of confrontation that draws them into the fray, which isn't much better.

That seems unlikely, of course.

9. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Competition committee...I like it. What about like a Jack Tunney-type that you hear about all the time during a telecast but don't see too often?

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Trish's big news will be to put John Cena and/or DX in a match against Randy Orton, which Orton will lose.

Blah, blah, blah, blah turn this fucking shit off!

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

They should have had A.J. against Cena with Doug Eddings as a special referee.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don't think it was Barker's fault about the screw up in the bodyslam challenge. The ref kept waving his arms and no one knew what he was meaning by it.

They'll eventually need to fill the role. The WWF used to do that with Tunney needing to discuss things with the "Competition Committee" (which had Arnold Skaaland and some other random guys). It wasn't great. WCW had the ridiculous 'Powers That Be' which was Vince Russo off screen. That was awful.

Draft saved Draft deleted