1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I will post to SJ.com on my wedding day!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Don't post from your wedding. One SportsJournalists.com member going through a painful divorce is enough.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

t_b_f laughs in Rick Stain's general direction.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

So Stain, you got a little Stain yet or what?

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

One of the favorite pictures I have from my wedding day is the one my photog took from behind of me posting on SportsJournalists.com.

I was on my laptop by a window about an hour before the ceremony. It's a black and white from the shoulders up of my vail flowing around the computer screen.

My parents and my bridesmaids were still running around getting ready, and I just mellowed-out.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey Webby can't you give big buck the day off for his wedding. He has been a loyal poster to sj and deserves at least one day without having to post.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

In fairness, I was best man in a wedding a weekend ago and you'll have plenty of down time.
    We kept checking out the youtube video of people dancing down the aisle at a wedding. I don't know why you couldn't post/tweet/update.
    The wedding was at 6 and got there at 4 to get dressed and take the pre-pictures. The service took thirty minutes and then another hour for post-ceremony photos.
    Lots of sitting around and waiting in the time before and after the ceremony.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

You know, it's possible to enjoy the down time without the outside world. I distinctly remember from my wedding the half-hour of downtime post-pictures and pre-ceremony, sitting in the basement at the church with my guys, just bs-ing about anything and everything, from the bachelor party to ex-girlfriends to "I love you man" cheesiness. Seriously, those are some pretty special moments, not to mention the LAST MINUTES OF YOUR SINGLE LIFE. Put away the electronics.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The down time is for drinking.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I seriously disliked these people before this post.

10. The Q Man

The Q Man Member

No you didn't.
    Because who made you get back up on the dating horse after that cold bitch dumped you?
    Granted, I tried to set you with a 24-year-old nurse -- who, coincidentally, just got a boob job -- but you chose this one instead.
    But the point still stands that I helped you get back on that horse.

11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Yeesh, I'm getting married two days before you. There is no way I will be posting.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Seriously? Holy crap, there's a lot of SJ weddings that week.

Draft saved Draft deleted